TITLE: SENIOR BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: SVP of Engineering, and collaborates closely with the Head of the Product
About the Company/Role
Our Client is fresh a successful $30MM Series B round of funding and is in hyper-growth mode. They offer the market a unique location-based intelligence platform data, analytics and insights into consumers’ offline behavior and purchase intent, by tracking and analyzing with unmatched precision and accuracy time spent by mobile users at points of interest. User Privacy is a cornerstone of everything they do and blockchain technology will support that policy.
My client is looking to make a key hire in a Senior Blockchain Engineer to be a leader in helping to build out a major blockchain-based product that is core to the future of the company. Initially, you will work closely with the head of the product, SVP of Engineering, CIO, as well as other stakeholders, to launch and test POCs that will be implemented using a Hyperledger Fabric framework. Based on those results the final product will be developed and launched. Greater details to be provided during interviews.
Perform Proof of Concept (POC) testing of Blockchain technologies as recommended by the blockchain consultancy partner, including:
- Test Nets
Collaborate in the systems engineering process as:
- Requirements are developed through iteration, the System model is formulated, Components are defined and solved, and the System is integrated.
- Provide, direct, or validate any necessary documentation, analyses, testing, and formulations along the timeline of the project.
- 2 years Blockchain technology experience (particularly the Hyperledger Fabric framework)
- 2 years Hyperledger application development and implementation experience and any of the tools (Caliper, Cello, Composer, Explorer, Quilt)
- Hands-on experience with “big data” distributed systems and databases
- Able to “bridge the gap” between business requirements and system design and architecture
- Able to stand-up test nets to explore various Blockchain technology solutions to determine the suitability of deployment at the company
- Able to participate in detailed, collaborative systems design and analysis
- Good working relationship with project and contractor service teams
- Degree in Systems Engineering discipline (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) preferred
Open Salary (based on experience) + Bi-annual Bonus + Equity (stock options)
- Looking to hire the best candidate. That is the priority regarding comp.
- 401K 5% Matching, 8 Weeks of PTO, Excellent Health Insurance coverage
An H1B transfer is ok if you have at least 3 years of eligibility remaining.