Location: NEW YORK / REMOTE
About the Client:
Our client is revolutionizing the insurance industry by changing the way claims analytics are done. They develop machines with deep comprehension and vast data access to guide humans to the optimal decisions over large numbers of claims. The result is savings in the hundreds of millions, increased fairness, and added precision to insurance pricing.
They are working to make the insurance industry better for everyone.
Founded by a Google AI expert and a top algo-based investor out of Stanford with well-known Tier 1 VC investors. The development team consists of world-class engineers and leaders from companies like Google and Bloomberg. Each individual has had great success building large-scale enterprise software and is now excited to try their hand at transforming the insurance industry.
About The Role:
A Senior Applied Machine Learning Engineer that wants to work in the areas of machine learning, natural language processing, information extraction, graph models, and AI architectures. You thrive in an ambiguous environment and are intrinsically motivated and “just figure it out.” Be the technical owner of a new, complex machine learning project. Your mission starts with mapping out the opportunity and continues to launch a solution in production.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with PM to map business requirements to a machine learning solution
- Ingest and clean raw client data
- Integrate into our machine learning platform
- Build, tune, evaluate models (create custom evaluation strategies)
- Reproduce ML prototype in a live production environment
What You Need to Be Good At…
- Works well with PM to map business requirements to ML architectures on a novel problem
- Acted as the owner of applied ML project from conception to shipping (1 or more)
- Acted as part of an ML team that shipped a product
- Expert developer who uses writes clean, efficient, easy to understand code with unit tests, functional design patterns
- Expert in Python 3 and Pandas or equivalent data manipulation library
- Expert data architect eager to solve complex, multi-dimensional big data problems with advanced strategic leverage of databases, data assets, and DAG pipeline
- Excellent document writing skills
- Extreme creativity and resourcefulness, appetite to solve previously unsolved problems
Compensation: ~$300K Cash
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org