Client: Global Institutional Investment Frim
Location: Remote for now. Offices available upon reopening in the Fall: NYC, Boston, Chicago, and Austin (hybrid schedule)
Focus: Facilitate investment deal sourcing and screening through the use of data science (i.e. the latest techniques in ML, DL, NLP, and A.I.)
Target Compensation: ~200-$220 Base ($350K+ all in for top candidates)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The client is a major institutional investment firm that operates at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers.
They leverage their collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, they embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and well-being of its people through world-class benefits.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work on a team dedicated to creating data-driven insights for its investment professionals, as well as our portfolio company executive teams. You will be responsible for market and company analysis, as well as insights that help identify prospective investments, and help advance the business goals of the portfolio companies.
You will work closely with the Partners, Investment Professionals, and our Founders to evaluate new opportunities leverage the latest in alternative data and data science techniques. They love people who are extremely entrepreneurial and who can uncover opportunities to provide analytic and data-driven insights to help us and our portfolio companies maximize our potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with a team of Investment Professionals, Founders, and Analysts to bring together key data to drive investment decisions making.
- Create analytical products, processes, and data sources that can accelerate the Ventures team’s investment sourcing, due diligence, and portfolio monitoring processes.
- Bring new insights to our Founders through alternative data.
- Utilize BAM’s data sets to generate useful operational insights for our portfolio companies to benchmark operating metrics by industry vertical and stage
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Facilitate deal sourcing and screening through the use of data science
- Ability to take ownership of specific projects and work without extensive supervision.
- Derive, interpret and effectively deliver the results of data analysis using visualization techniques, tools, and custom applications
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Liaise across teams, portfolio companies, and prospective investments
- Additional desired skills include collaborating well in a team-based environment; sensitivity to the needs of investors, portfolio companies, and other partners; quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills; demonstrated leadership and self-driven initiative.
TO APPLY: [email protected]