Location: Remote (Permanently)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
About the Role:
Our client is looking to hire 2 Data Engineers to be part of a team that is reinventing drug research & development for Top 10 Pharmaceutical Clients. They are shaping $billions of pharmaceutical R&D decisions using cutting-edge data science technology. This is a chance to get in at an early stage level.
- Partner with the Data Science team to implement python-based NLP and other machine learning-driven processes in a scalable form
- Design and build automated petabyte-scale data pipelines for structured and unstructured data curation in multiple cloud environments
- Automate the ETL and curation of new data assets and flow them into our NEO4J/SOLR-based knowledge graph
- Design platform-agnostic workflows that curate and integrate customer data across various cloud scenarios
- Assist DevOps in configuring, operating and maintaining our infrastructure environment
- Own proper SDLC practices such as design documentation, test plan implementation, code reviews, etc.
- 3 years’ experience supporting data science pipelines in Python and Spark
- AWS cloud development and deployment experience. GCP experience and/or AWS certification a plus.
- Experience with data automation technologies (e.g. AirFlow)
- Experience with Hadoop data environments (HDFS, Hive, etc.)
- Experience working with graph-based data a plus
- Willingness to play a DevOps role as needed
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams and external industry partners as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or other technical domain
- High energy: continuous desire to learn/grow; intellectual curiosity
- Relentless problem solver, willing to do whatever it takes
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, able to work independently
- Not afraid to make mistakes; willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Open-minded, hypothesis led, data-driven mindset
WHAT ROLE OFFERS
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to transform an entire industry with data science, artificial intelligence, and analytics
- Opportunity to get in early at a self-funded, profitable startup with massive growth potential
- Fun, inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and respects individuals and their contributions
- Competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Work remote (no commute)!
Comp Target: ~$100K base + 20% bonus and Equity Options.
To Apply: email [email protected]