- Location: Fully Remote (in CA, AZ, UT, OR, NV, MN, NY, TN, TX, WA, or IL ) or LA Office
- Visa Sponsorship: Visa Transfers OK / OPT + EAD card
- Annual Compensation: $165,000 -192,000 (based on experience)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Client looking to hire a Data Engineer who will support the AWS infrastructure within Operations as they build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The systems administration team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of deployment of products and infrastructure.
Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike.
Successful candidates will possess strong AWS technical skills, along with proven Data Engineering experience at scale.
What you will do:
- Build, implement and maintain the cloud infrastructure (mainly AWS related) of the company.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of the product owners, and propose scalable technology solutions.
- Focus on system design that is easy to test, leverages mocked systems as needed, and exemplifies transparency of business logic.
- Mentor fellow team members and provide direction in setting standards and best practices.
- Expertise in Software Development, Python 3, and AWS (Lambdas, S3, Security, Networking) are must-haves
- Experience building data pipelines and SQL
- Experience with Docker and containerization.
- Experience shipping products.
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools (AWS Step Functions/Airflow/Luigi, AWS Glue/Spark/PySpark, etc.))
- Experience with Git & Terraform.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills
About the Client:
Our Client is a well-established, Pre-IPO tech startup with over 500 employees. They solve problems related to critical online protection and engagement solutions across a growing number of use cases.
They provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office environments for those who choose to work in one their offices