This job posting is for a Deep Learning AI Scientist role at a biotechnology research company that is using AI to develop new drug discovery methods.
Location - Greater Boston Area.
The Deep Learning AI Scientist will regularly be using ML/DL techniques across RNA biology and chemistry to help start up this initiative and bring it to life.
The role involves translating drug discovery challenges into ML problems, developing ML algorithms for drug discovery problems, training and validating large deep learning models at scale, leveraging open source deep learning models and transfer learning to reduce time to solution, speeding up training of large deep learning models using clusters of CPUs and GPUs, developing optimized data pipelines to fuel deep learning models, collaborating closely with experimental biologists, chemists, and computational biologists and communicating findings to a multi-disciplinary audience
Candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Proven research track record in applied mathematics, data science, and ML
- Hands-on experience with DL models (e.g. DNNs, CNNs, RNNs, Transformers)
- Experience with NLP models (e.g. BERT and GPT2)
- Strong knowledge of Python, Tensorflow/Keras, Hugging Face
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience in biotech/pharma is a plus
- Foundational understanding of biology and chemistry is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The base salary for this position is $180,000-$200,000 / Equity / Benefits