Here are few sets of interesting articles, videos, and our top jobs in Data Science & Analytics that stood out this week.
- How about 20 Videos to Learn more about Hadoop
- Learn Hadoop quickly and easily with our scenario-based tutorials developed by leading Apache Hadoop experts. (via HortonWorks)
- How does the rising popularity of Hadoop impact legacy data warehouse vendors like Teradata? (See answers on Quora)
- What are some seriously insightful or enlightening infographics? (See answers on Quora)
- Visualization of the 2014 Ebola Outbreak
- CEO Greta Roberts on SAP Radio: How HR Can Become More Predictive (via Talent Analytics)
- Data Science Central – Take a big step into 2015 with the 20th International Big Data Innovation Summit which returns to Caesars Palace, Las Vegas on January 22 & 23 for two days of inspiring, educational & insightful discussions. See the overview here: http://bit.ly/1wDo9i4
- Who are the leading scholars of social network analysis? (Answers via Quora)
- Gilt’s pre-emptive shipping is an experiment in data science
- Mechanical Turk supplies Gilt with ‘artificial artificial intelligence
- Aligning Physicians and Hospitals to Drive Change
- A Non-Geek’s Big Data Playbook
VIDEO: Inspire 2014 — Consumer Reports: Making Data Analysts Self-Reliant to Claim a Seat at the Table
Consumer Reports describes the challenge before Alteryx as their “enormous task” but now use Alteryx to handle the different types of data they receive, manipulate it, manage it and analyze it, in one intuitive workflow. All in hours not weeks.
Awesome Data Science Jobs at Our Clients
*Having trouble recruiting Data Science & Analytics talent? My recruiting practice has been 100% focused on this specialty for over 3 years now. Please reach out to discuss.