LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: EVP of Operations and Strategy
INTRO: This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup with a multi-billion-dollar – wide open – market. They have a distinct advantage, proprietary technology and a unique location intelligence platform.
Our Client is seeking a VP, Research and Strategic Insights will research and analyze market trends, conduct competitive analysis, provide updates on verticals regularly, support M&A strategy/process, as well as be someone who takes a deeply analytical quantitative approach to provide the EVP of Operations and Strategy and CEO with the right inputs to establish a data-driven path for the next 18-24 months. The role will also train, mentor, and provide work direction to BI and Research/Business Analysts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the “eyes and ears” of the company by regularly researching, analyzing and tracking market trends and by measuring and predicting demand for our client’s data and analytics products and services within all the key verticals.
- Use a highly quantitative approach to provide actionable data-driven insight and recommendations to the C-Suite on mid and long-term strategic decisions for the firm.
- Leads research projects that are medium to large sized in scope as gauged by level of strategic impact. Projects often include corporate-level marketing strategies that drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth, product strategy, marketing mix. Oversees creation, tracking and analysis of key survey-based corporate metrics and indices.
- Primarily consult with EVP of Operations and Strategy to understand business questions and research needs. Develops a deep understanding of broader corporate strategies and key insights that proactively informs these strategies through strategic thinking and research. Offers flexibility in research plans by offering multiple options to conduct research with an explanation of pros/cons.
- Leads and conducts secondary, primary qualitative and/or primary quantitative research, often in collaboration with peers and team leaders.
- Provides work direction to less senior research peers to analyze data and information produced via primary and secondary research. For primary quantitative data, this oftentimes involves the use of intermediate to advanced statistical methods.
- Review and provide unique insights about our client’s data that can be used by the marketing team in the press.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in social sciences, mathematics, statistics, finance, information science or related field. Masters or doctorate strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in market research, advanced statistics, or equivalent experience
- Experience in corporate M&A is a big plus!
- Demonstrated business acumen with 8+ years of experience working within aspects of Business Consulting, Market Research and Analysis, M&A, and/or corporate strategy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of secondary research resources and methodologies.
- Advanced experience with experimental design.
- Extensive experience with R, Python, SAS, SPSS or similar statistics package.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced ability to tailor key insights and messages appropriately for audience (senior leader, line manager, etc.).
Competitive Salary + Bonus (based on experience), Series B Equity, and Excellent Benefits
TO APPLY: Please contact Charlie Lenz at [email protected] and include a resume and/or LinkedIn Profile link.