- RETAINED SEARCH -
Title: Head of Data Science (Title Flexible)
Focus: Pharmaceutical Commercial Analytics & Marketing
***Opportunity to Build A Team***
LOCATION: New York
ABOUT THE CLIENT: Located in New York City, our client is the largest independent player in Pharmaceutical Commercial Analytics. They are well-funded, growing fast, and count among their clients: Novartis, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Mylan, Genetech, etc.
Their proprietary machine learning platforms harness the power of healthcare encounter data to generate sophisticated analytics that identify the most influential healthcare professionals and their clinical networks and are able to create evidence-based marketing campaigns for clients. They also use data science-driven approaches to predict and provide early identification and diagnosis of patients with rare diseases and help major pharma clients target them efficiently with effective treatment options.
They are seeking to hire their first Head of Data Science to lead and build out their data science capabilities, drive innovation, build products, and create new IP with near-term and long-term ROI. Growth in this business is wide open and highly dependent on timely and ingenious data science driven tools and products.
ABOUT THE ROLE / IDEAL FIT:
The ideal candidate will have experience in pharmaceutical commercial analytics, be a statistical modeling expert, and possess a confident leadership style.
You will have relevant experience across a range of analytics applications (customer segmentation, marketing resource allocation, forecasting, etc.) and analytics techniques (machine learning, latent class segmentation, conjoint modeling, etc.).
We need someone agile that can work with multiple data sets (health claims data, primary market research, promotional data, etc.) and apply the appropriate modeling approach given the project objectives and data.
- Lead and build out their data science capabilities, drive innovation, build products, and create new IP with near-term and long-term ROI.
- Work with Pharmaceuitical, Biopharma and Medical Device clients and internal stakeholders to identify revenue generating projects related to building data science driven tools and products to support the mission of evidence-based, cost effective, impactful marketing.
- Build unique predictive machine learning models that continue to find novel ways to identify and classify patients with treatable diseases, as well as the relevant healthcare professionals and influencers for each disease.
- Support customized projects by designing and implementing statistical models on large healthcare related datasets
- Lead/Manage/Grow the team and capabilities over time.
- Work with technology team to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platform to solve a variety of business problems
- Quantitative background with advanced degrees (Masters/PhD) in Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or related field. Ph.D. highly preferred
- SEE: ABOUT THE ROLE / IDEAL FIT above:
- Strong hands-on experience with statistical programming (e.g., Python, R / SAS)
- Familiarity with big data technology / frameworks (Hadoop/AWS/etc)
- Ability to manage, lead and communicate, Client-facing skills.
$200K-$220K Base Salary + Bonus. Excellent Benefits
H1B transfer is ok if doesn’t cause hiring delays.