Where: The New York Office
What: Top 10 Global Investment Bank
Target: Innovative Lead Product Designer/UX Architect with Data Viz skill set and experience with ML/AI-driven Analytics Platforms. Ideally with a relevant Masters (HCI, Data Viz, Design, etc.), 6+ Yrs UX experience.
About Group: It's to focus on innovating the client experience of the interactive data and analytics platform used by ~135,000 CFOs daily. It allows CFOs to understand, interact, and forecast what's going on with their company's payments, cash flow, etc. The mandate is to transform the way their clients do business!
- Utilize creative design-led techniques to help us breakthrough and find insights that others can’t. We use design to steer the product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
- Join this specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. This Product Design team sits within a Product Management org and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
- Has experience designing products that guide users in making decisions by synthesizing insights from complex datasets
- Has proven ability designing analytical user experiences that incorporate data visualizations from data science driven products
- Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
- Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
- Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
- Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
- Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
- Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling UIs
- Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
- Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- With a solid understanding of the users, steer not just the design but also, where appropriate, the product strategy
- Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality
Experience and Qualifications
- For lead-level, minimum 6 years of experience working as a user experience professional
- Has evaluated the goals and opportunities of an initiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX work stream which has included user research and synthesis, concepting, design, specification, QA, and deployment
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains like financial services
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent advanced degree is preferred for our Lead roles
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product
*A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.*
Compensation: Very competitive base and bonus structure (based on experience)
NOTES: (1) H1B Transfers are acceptable. (2) We also have roles at the Associate Level of experience.
TO APPLY: Send your resume or LinkedIn Profile to [email protected]