About the role:
You’ll lead a team that solves challenging ML and NLP problems using data from millions of patients and hundreds of millions of documents to enable novel research on the impact of cancer treatments in the real world, to identify rare patient populations, to create new tools for measuring the quality of care, and to improve the process for matching patients to clinical trials
The machine learning teams expand the scope of what can be achieved with their unique data. They build ML-enabled capabilities, platforms, and products that directly impact the mission of learning from every cancer patient.
Looking for a Staff Machine Learning Lead, Manager for the ML /DE Team excited to lead a team of data scientists making a big impact.
You will lead a team working alongside teams of software engineers, oncologists, and product managers, and together you will solve problems that will enable our clinicians and biostatisticians to derive ever more powerful insights to answer some of the most critical questions in cancer research.
- Lead statisticians and data scientists, working to provide the algorithmic and methodological expertise necessary to scale our products.
- Hands-on work to prototype models, design and implement methodologies for bias analysis and contribute to tooling
- Act as player-coach, mentor your direct reports and champion data analysis best practices
- Contribute to the strategic and analytical roadmap for the machine learning team and increasing the impact of machine learning at Flatiron
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results; and to identify areas for automation and process efficiencies
- Generate ideas and vision for analyses to shape future projects
- You hold a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline or have significant previous experience tackling ambiguous analytical problems
- You have at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience analyzing data, with at least 1-year of experience managing a small team in a fast-paced setting
- You have experience applying machine learning, technical/statistical background, and excitement about bias analysis
- You have comfort with or desire to learn Python, SQL and other tools used by our software engineers
To $280K (approx.) + Equity, etc.
To Apply: send a resume / LinkedIn Profile link to [email protected]rs.com