This is a new position. You will join a new cutting-edge Data Science team to advance the global drug development process. Sr. Principal Data Scientist will work with key R&D leaders to extract insight from complex clinical, translational, and RWD. They will have the opportunity to work on complex data science problems including modeling techniques to interpret, infer, and recommend based on insights from data.
Ideal candidates will possess a PhD-level training and have 8+ years of experience as a Data Scientist and knowledge of biology/drug development.
What you’ll do:
- Formulates, implements, tests, and validates predictive models and implements efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements with partners and startups in the field of data science.
- Leads cross-functional ideation sessions including hackathons for the R&ED and GDD organizations
- Contributes to the development of junior data scientist by providing mentorship and coaching as well as developing a training curriculum for the broader organization.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, clinicians, data scientists, translational medicine scientists, statisticians, and IT professionals.
- Proactively builds partnerships with specialist functions and global counterparts to maximize knowledge and available resources.
- Manages and coordinates limited resources to produce quality deliverables within timelines for competing priorities.
- Acts as a resource/mentor to study team members - both internally and externally.
- PhD. in quantitative sciences (computer science, math, statistics and engineering)
- 8+ years’ experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, with a focus on machine learning (Python, Spark, R, Tensorflow, SageMaker, etc)
- Outstanding technical and analytic skills, proficient at understanding and conceptualizing business problems and implementing analytic or decision support solutions
TO Apply: Email Ted O’Brien [email protected]starbridgepartners.com