Our Client is seeking a Senior Implementation Engineer to join New York Headquarters. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, startup fresh off of a large Series B round of funding. They are a leader in a multi-billion-dollar market with minimal direct competition and unique consumer intelligence data and off-line tracking capability with proprietary technology.
We are seeking a Senior Implementation Engineer with client-facing and project management skills who will work within the Operations Teams to oversee the design, implement and maintain data feeds and integrations for ingesting data from and delivering data and insights to external technology platforms.
As a senior member of the team, this person is expected to assume responsibility for the delivery of integration projects as well as provide leadership and guidance for more junior team members as well as external developers.
- To actively collaborate with Solution Engineers in understanding our client’s business and technology systems, as well as the integration frameworks of external platforms in order to design the best technology integration solutions for our clients.
- To build and maintain data ingestion and data delivery solutions in response to our client’s requirements, leveraging the data and insights of the Cuebiq platform, and ensuring the reusability, maintainability, supportability, and extensibility of these solutions
- To lead and guide teams of both internal and external developers in using the Cuebiq data platform in order to design, develop and deliver system integration projects for our clients in time and meeting high standards of quality
- To effectively communicate the functionality, design decisions and technical constraints and implementation timelines of our integration solutions to both external clients and the Operations Team internally during the whole project lifecycle.
- To collaborate with data engineers, data architects and data scientists to design and build analytic systems that are correct, scalable, reliable, and accurate
- To build and maintain terabyte-scale, distributed systems for processing, aggregation, and transformation of the Cuebiq data for delivery into external formats and standards
- To analyze large datasets to identify opportunities to tune and improve the system performance
- To provide on-going maintenance and third-level support to different players for existing data ingestion and data delivery solutions
- 5+ years of experience developing products in the “big data” / analytics / or graphing space
- 2+ years of experience working with APIs and system integration frameworks AND/OR 2+ years of experience leading software projects with internal and external software developers across multiple time zones to meet client specifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant fields
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, relational and non-relational databases, distributed systems, and parallel programming.
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and the JVM platform (Kotlin or other languages running on JVM are welcome). Additionally, knowledge of scripting and interpreted languages (e.g. Bash, Python, R) is preferred.
- Working experience in programming with the aim of handling/manipulating various file formats at scale, both compressed and uncompressed (eg: parquet, orc, csv, json), in different storage systems, in either a batch or streaming fashion. Knowledge of reactive programming paradigms and related frameworks (e.g. ReactiveX, Vert.x, Akka), as well as data analysis and manipulation tools (e.g. Pandas, Notebooks like Jupyter or Zeppelin) are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs, authentication and authorization standards and other technologies useful for system integrations
- Working knowledge of big data and cluster-based technologies in either cloud or on-premise platforms, including Hadoop, Spark or other batch/streaming distributed processing frameworks, Docker. Knowledge of AWS ecosystem (EMR, Lambda, ECS, SNS) is preferred.
- At ease with industry standard software development tools (e.g. IDEs and VCS), build automation tools (e.g. Maven) and continuous integration and deployment systems (e.g. Travis-CI)
Seeking an individual with that "can do" attitude and resourceful, creative mindset to get things done.
Competitive Base + 15% Bonus
Generous PTO (unlimited), 401K match, Excellent Medical Coverage, etc.
NOTE: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States now. H1B Transfers are acceptable with ideally 2 or more years remaining