REPORTS TO: Chief Data Scientist
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Headquartered in NYC, our client is a PROFITABLE, multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in AdTech and will grow to over 400 employees by year end. Utilizing access to billions of low latency transactions daily, every product the company develops is data science driven.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Data Science to head-up a newer product line of Market Analytics. Need leadership and client-facing skills. Work with Advertiser Clients/Agencies to provide campaign performance measurement, and predictive analytics. Enable them to improve campaign ROI. Help clients measure, defend complaints to Publishers, improve causal impact “Lift” / predictive A/B testing. Need data mining/data analytics/storytelling/people skills. Must have good communication skills and ability to use big data to tell a story.
- Propose solutions and develop them independently
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related
- Excellent knowledge of the Digital Advertising domain is a must
- Track record of using advanced statistical methods, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience utilizing Machine Learning
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
Competitive Base Salary + 20% Bonus + Stock Options / Full Benefits.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.