LOCATION: Mid-town Manhattan (NYC)
We've been working with this Client for over 5 years and have watched them grow at an impressive rate first in the US and now Globally. This is an opportunity to lead a team of Data Engineers with a mature start-up marketing technology company. The overall team is infused with start-up mentality and backed by a smart, major mobile telecom parent company with global might.
Our Client is a leader for what they do and works with most of the Fortune 500’s. You will work with "big data" and real-time systems that process more than two million queries per second with an average response time of 10 milliseconds. The company operates in 13 offices around the globe and more coming soon, but most of the data engineers are in New York.
Tech Stack: is comprised of state-of-the-art tools such as Scala, Hadoop, Aerospike, Kafka, Spark and more. They store more than 20 petabytes of data for analytics and our application deployment infrastructure uses some of the latest and greatest open-source technologies.
To be considered a fit for this role you will need the following:
- Background in Computer Science (Ideally: Masters or PhD)
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Algorithms / Machine Learning Models
- Data Structures / Data Sources / APIs
- Build Systems for Machine Learning Data Analysis
- Develop Robust Data Pipelines that Convert Data into Features (to train machine learning models)
- Functional Programing (Scala Ideally)
- 5 years+ related hands-on experience building large scale software and data systems
- 2 years+ experience managing data engineers
- Experience in building high performance large-scale database systems for near Real-time Analytics
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems
- Experience in Data Modeling and Database Design
- Agile (SDLC) Processes
- Python, Scala, Spark and Hadoop
$270,000+ (Based on Experience)
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Christopher McCabe ->
[email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course.