Our Client is the platform for large physical space use analysis.
They are seeking a Senior Director of Data Science. The group’s mission is to drive the company's data strategy, empower its data & analytics community, and scale data & analytics globally while ensuring consistency and governance.
They have experienced explosive growth in members, locations, revenue, and employees over the last few years, so has its Data Science and Machine Learning team. Data Scientists and ML Engineers perform a wide breadth of work; from analyzing space utilization via sensor data and member engagement via sentiment analysis, to optimizing our construction pipelines and developing recommendation systems.
This role will work closely with ML, Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Executive leaders across the organization. The ideal person for this role is influential, collaborative, strategic, authentic, optimistic, and transparent. They’re passionate about growing and developing the team, excited to collaborate with the Data Science and ML team and eager to coalesce best practices and scale efforts globally.
The role is based in our New York headquarters.
- Define the company’s data science and ML strategy in partnership with executive and functional Data Science leadership.
- Own and drive consensus on strategic data science frameworks that span multiple business lines
- Build and manage a team of Data Scientists and ML Engineers. Mentor and develop growth plans for those on the team.
- Build rapport and manage relationships with data science, ML, engineering, product, design, and other business stakeholders throughout the company.
- Work closely with Data Science, ML, and Engineering leads to drive requirements for their ML toolkit.
- Weigh the priorities of our Business, Product, Data Science and ML leaders to inform the roadmap.
- Promote visibility into the work of data science & ML to demonstrate the value of data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with product teams and business units to identify and prioritize value creation opportunities.
- 5+ years experience leading data teams, with experience managing managers
- 4+ years of experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- 2+ years leveraging cloud technology (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Expert understanding of methods in data science and ML.
- Deep experience with SQL and Python or R.
- Proficiency in math, statistics, economics, engineering (or sociology/psychology with strong quantitative background) or a related field.
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization.
Compensation: ~$250-$300K cash + RSUs