Location: Manhattan Office
Reports To: Head of Data Science
The Client is a leading investment management firm that helps clients achieve their long-term financial goals.
- The Senior or Principal Data Scientist role will provide digital solutions and leading analytical expertise on new and novel approaches to and a mix of problems and methodologies to drive customer journeys and content (martech), improve Information Security (fraud), and potentially Investment performance (finding alpha).
- Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
About the Role:
You will be playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We’re looking for Senior or Principal Data Scientists at various levels to join the Manhattan office. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for cloud architectures. You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way the traders, portfolio managers, and analysts serve our clients.
- The ideal candidate will possess statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- The incumbent will be expected to develop attribution, segment and predictive models to support customer acquisition strategies, primarily for digital channels. It is expected this will be accomplished through a pilot, test and learn delivery practice to support a wide range of services and projects in the distribution and sales channels.
- They need to understand how the products are developed and even more important, as big data touches the privacy of consumers, they need to have a set of ethical
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Access the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches and the capabilities of potential solutions.
- Oversee data-focused initiatives already in place and being developed, and drive developments in advancing big-data and analytic services.
- Develop and improve methods for measuring the impact of Sales and Marketing content driven campaigns.
- Establish measurement approaches to assess the relative performance of advertising strategies within our sales and marketing channels.
Required Technical Experience:
- A thorough understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques
- Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Fluency in the languages of data manipulation (SQL) and statistical analysis (R or Python/NumPy), with the ability to code (PHP) a plus, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL
- Understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Conceptual modeling, Statistical analysis & Predictive modeling, Hypothesis testing
Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics). A STEM Masters or Ph.D. is ideal, but not necessary with enough years (4+) in the field as a Data Scientist.
Target Base Salary ~$165K to $220K base + 25% Bonus | Some flex for exceptional candidates