KEY NOTES: Min Requirement: Relevant PhD + Relevant Papers / Internships || H1B Visa Transfer & Relocation Assistance Available!
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Our client is an award winning, major global financial services firm that has devoted incredible resources into creating an entrepreneur-style Data Science Division within the framework of a Fortune 500 company. This position will have a start-up feel with challenging problems utilizing decision analytics that will make a massive impact on the bottom line after the products are launched.
The centralized Data Science unit is a mission driven, methodical operation (with no “red tape”) that has sub-teams focusing on optimizing all major aspects of the business.
We are helping to add a Senior Data Scientist that specializes in Genetics and Risk Products. We're talking about utilizing data science to tackle old problems using modern techniques and alternative data sets - including genetic sequencing data.
BUSINESS PROBLEMS TO SOLVE USING DATA SCIENCE
The Genetics / Risk Products Senior Data Scientist would primarily be involved in using genetic sequencing data to support life insurance underwriting and customer risk stratification initiatives.
- Work in a collaborative R&D environment to develop actionable solutions that impact the bottom-line of business lines.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Work with SME’s to do experiments and studies on the data and prototype solutions
- Present finding to leadership, build, test, refine, launch, iterate
- PhD in relevant discipline (Biostatistics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.).
- Use genetic sequencing data to support life insurance underwriting and customer risk stratification initiatives.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce/Hadoop, Scala/Spark, Vertica, PySpark/AWS)
$162,000 to $175,000 range + Excellent Benefits.
H1B Visa Transfers are OK | Relocation Assistance Avail.
At the present time we are not interviewing candidates physically outside of the United States.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email Charlie Lenz – [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.