Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
Headquartered in New York City, our client is a billion-dollar advanced stage startup that offers a global discovery platform to consumers with various high demand services around health and well-being.
Our client is building out their Data Science team and seeking to hire a couple of experienced Data Scientists (Senior or Principal-Level ) to lead strategic development of key data solutions/applications using mostly 1st party data, some external data sets, data science and machine learning: (i.e. Recommender Engines for personalization across touchpoints, Statistical Models, NLP Engines, etc.).
- Build machine learning infrastructure and solutions that drive activity on the platform, scale the business, and enhance the customer experience
- Use your creativity and intuition to help find and solve the fun, challenging problems we work on every day.
- Influence the development of additional capabilities to deliver business outcomes using automated algorithms on the platform
- Participate heavily in executive team: help set business strategy, represent product data science, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Bring passion and collaboration mindset to the team
- Relevant Ph.D. in a quant field with 1+ years of experience in a corporate environment as a hands-on Data Scientist [OR] Relevant 2-year Master’s program and 2+ years of experience as a hands-on Data scientist. (Ideal degrees: Mathematics, Statistics, ML, AI, Physics, Op Research, CS, etc.)
- Must have 1+ years’ experience applying ML methods to structured and unstructured data.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python or R
- Willingness to go against the grain and defend your ideas with data and science.
- Technical background in applied data science, spanning some or all of statistics, experimentation, machine learning, causal inference methods, optimization techniques, data engineering and architecture (applied to large data), and behavioral analytics.
- Very competitive Base Salary, Performance Bonus + Equity (Options).
- 100% Healthcare Insurance Premiums covered. PTO starts immediately, and much more.
- H1B Transfer is OK (if 2+ yrs of eligibility remains).