LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The client is a leading marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of a national network of logistics services. Fortune 500 companies rely on this company to handle aspects of their most important logistics needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, they are changing the world of logistics. The company was named by a major financial publication as one of the next potential unicorns. Based in New York with top VCs and excellent funding.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will implement machine learning models into critical business processes, forecast industry trends, and build data pipelines. The Data Science team works closely with engineers, pricing analysts, and the business intelligence team to complement qualitative knowledge of the industry with rigor and quantitative insights. They’re currently living in AWS infrastructure including Redshift. You will be expected to autonomously run your own projects, drive business impact, and be a domain expert for teams across the company.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies into our automated bidding processes
- Build forecasting models for market pricing changes using industry indicators
- Collaborate with our Sales, Operations, and Tech teams to provide analytic and machine learning support
- Execute long-term modeling initiatives
- Drive adoption of improved, innovative technologies and tools
- Help drive strategic data-driven analyses, insights, and report on KPIs
- Partner with data engineering for system design and infrastructure
- You have a Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a STEM or quantitative field
- You love data and have at least 5+ years of experience with conducting in-depth data analyses, building machine learning models, and presenting results to business stakeholders
- You have a solid grasp on both theory and application, and you know how to balance methodological purity with practical implementation
- You are fluent with programming languages (Python, R)You are comfortable working in high-paced, impact-driven environments
- Price optimization and financial forecasting knowledge is a plus
~$150-$160K Base + Bonus + Equity, etc.