WHO: Our Client is…
Billion-dollar global player in providing technology, digital media and data to the automotive industry.
WHAT: Priorities of the Role
Need to hire an experienced Data Scientists in Austin, TX and Seattle, WA offices to help expand the data analytics product offering to a global retail automotive client base.
Reports to VP of Development for Digital Marketing & Data Services
HOW: Responsibilities & Essentials:
In coordination with key business group such as Marketing, Product Engineering, and DevOps.
- Examine data from the turnkey set of retail automotive sales, financing, and maintenance solutions.
- Do you like the idea of working for a company that has a fantastic work/life balance and operates from a state of the art facilities
- If you are a Data Scientist who is passionate about technology, wants to work with the best business/technology leaders in the industry and are looking for an exciting career with a strong fortune 1000 company that is blazing the trail on the digital frontier, you may have found your home away from home.
- Research and guide decisions on technology choices for solving the problems on hand.
- Collaborate with a team full of fun, pragmatic, full stack software craftsmen who share your passion & zeal for building awesome technology solutions to interesting real world problems, all the while having fun doing it.
- Develop highly scalable, dynamic, and incredibly fast technology solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Right balance of autonomy and support.
- Partake in and foster a culture of continuous learning using tools/opportunities like PluralSight, Hackathons, Meet Ups, Conferences and Lunch N Learns.
- Contribute to open source projects and give back to the community.
- 2 years+ experience as a data scientist with languages/libraries that are commonly used in data science, (R or the SciPy stack).
- General data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Knowledge of significance testing. Time series analysis and experience designing online experiments are pluses.
- Experience applying modern approaches to supervised and unsupervised learning to a variety of problems. You can quickly learn new techniques as they are disseminated.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll spend a lot of time having conversations with people at all levels of the business to develop ideas for solving very complicated problems.
- An Masters involving quantitative work. Exceptions will be made for highly experienced candidates.
Nice to haves:
- A record of quality ML publications, presentations, or open source projects
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Java/Spring experience
- Experience in application design and implementation using agile practices and TDD
- Experience in cluster computing with Hadoop or Spark.
- Highly competitive compensation package including and full benefits. Relocation assistance possible.