REPORTS TO: Director, Data Science (Product Lead)
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Headquartered in NYC, our client is a PROFITABLE, multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in AdTech. Utilizing access to billions of low latency transactions daily, every product the company develops is data science driven.
- Work on challenging fundamental data science problems in online advertising
- Lead experiments and help develop new data products around determining causal relationships between exposure to advertising and results.
- A/B Testing, User Experience, User behavior, Causal Relationship, etc.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify and answer important product questions
- Communicate findings to product managers and engineers
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Relevant PhD (+2 Yr Exp) or Relevant Masters Degree (+4 yrs Exp)
- Experience in Causal Inference, Experimental Design, A/B Testing, Digital Consumer Behavior.
- Track record of using advanced statistical methods, machine learning, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Python + PySpark / experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
To $170K Base (Based on experience) + Bonus + Stock Options / Full Benefits.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.