REPORTS TO: Chief Data Scientist
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Headquartered in NYC, our client is a PROFITABLE, multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in AdTech and will grow to over 400 employees by year end. Utilizing access to billions of low latency transactions daily, every product the company develops is data science driven.
*Machine learning experience is not required for this role.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist with client-facing skills who will work with product and engineering teams to identify and answer product and feature performance questions – And communicate those findings to Heads of Product and Engineers.
- Propose solutions and develop them independently
- Prepare white papers, scientific publications and conference presentations
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Masters Degree in Statistics or Mathematics
- Track record of using advanced statistical methods, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
Competitive Base Salary + 10% Bonus + Stock Options / Full Benefits.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.