Title: Senior Data Scientist
For: Well-funding AgTech Startup
Reports to: Chief Data Scientist
*Must be eligible to work in the U.S. (i.e. no sponsorship or H1B transfers)*
About our Client:
Our client is a fast-growing AgTech startup that recently raised a large sum of funding to support growth objectives over the next 3+ years. With its differentiated business model that includes both a cloud-based, prescriptive analytics solution and "high touch" operational advice, the company is cash-flow positive and has accumulated a backlog of clients. Grown 300% this year and over 60 Employees. **Covid is not negatively impacting their sector**.
They are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to extract insights and model prescriptive analytics from a mix of historical and real-time data on farming conditions for each customer. Your focus will be to develop quantitative solutions to help growers increase crop yields and reduce yield variation. This role requires particular strength in Statistics and Probability Theory, Linear Algebra and Multivariate Calculus, as well as Machine Learning algorithms.
- Develop and help support new techniques to address quantitative problems in digital agriculture using large datasets.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods on large Spatio-temporal datasets derived from agricultural production systems.
- Extending data resources with third-party sources of information when needed.
- Proposing new ideas and novel solutions that do not follow conventional thinking or approaches.
- Work closely with software engineers to deploy solutions to problems in a production environment
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Establish procedures for the application of basic machine learning algorithms to agronomic and environmental data.
- Relevant Masters in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or quantitative field with a minimum of 2+ yrs of Industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong background in statistical methodology and the ability to infer causal relationships
- Strong hands-on proficiency with at least one data science programming language (R, Python, Julia)
- Experience with machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms.
- Strong research track record
- Experience in working with large-scale spatial and temporal data
- Experience with data visualization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Experience with ArcGIS or other geographic information systems (GIS) platform is a PLUS
- Are a self-starter who can own complex projects from start to finish
Compensation / Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary + Performance Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401K match, PTO, etc.
- $130-$150K Base + Performance Bonus (Based on remote location and experience)
TO APPLY: Email [email protected]