Location: Boston, MA
Note: The team we are helping to build out is hiring several data engineers at various levels of seniority including Manager. With rare exception, the minimum experience is 3 years as a Data Engineer given the complexity of the platform being built. Email [email protected] to learn more.
Under the leadership of an industry veteran in “big data” engineering, you work within Data Engineering Group and along-side data scientists, product managers, and business-line stakeholders to design and build a custom Real-time Analytics and Reporting data platform that will help revolutionize the Insurance Industry. This is rare opportunity to contribute and learn and enhance your career.
You will need to quickly learn new cutting-edge big data technologies and solve complex data processing problems.
Our client is an award winning, major global financial services firm that has devoted incredible resources into creating an entrepreneur-style Data Science, Analytics and Data Engineering Division within the framework of a Fortune 500 company.
Major projects in the pipeline:
- Develop a new enterprise data platform with massive data processing and real-time analytics system
- Integrate, manage and analyze multi-terabytes of diverse financial data
- Building pipelines to scrub and integrate data into a presentation layer for customers and stakeholders.
- Work in tandem with skilled data scientists to analyze and develop predictive data products that improve the business
To be considered a fit for this role you will need the following:
- Background in Computer Science
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Algorithms / Machine Learning Models
- Data Structures / Data Sources / APIs
- Build Systems for Machine Learning Data Analysis
- Develop Robust Data Pipelines that Convert Data into Features (to train machine learning models)
- Functional Programing (Scala Ideally)
- 3 years+ related hands-on experience building large scale software and data systems
- Experience in building high performance large-scale database systems for near Real-time Analytics
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems
- Experience in Data Modeling and Database Design
- Agile (SDLC) Processes
- Python, Scala, Spark and Hadoop
Nice to Haves:
7 years of SE/DE Experience | AWS | NoSQL, RDBMS Experience | Financial Services / Insurance Domain Knowledge | Masters in Computer Science
$175,000 to Open (Negotiable based on experience). Excellent Benefits.
*H1B Visa Transfers are OK, Relocation Assistance Avail.
*At the present time we are not interviewing candidates physically outside of the United States.