SENIOR DATA ANALYST / DATA SCIENTIST
Our client is a leading “disruptor” global ad agency based in New York City. They are seeking to hire a Senior Data Analyst/Data Scientist for the Data Strategy and Analytics Team. Note the official title will be Senior Data Scientist.
This is a great opportunity for recent master’s grad in Analytics/Stats/Data Science with a couple of years of advertising/marketing analytics experience OR a more experienced Data Analyst with 5-7 yrs. of advertising/marketing analytics experience hoping to grow into a Data Scientist position.
They want to hire someone who believes “the answers” reside in the data if one can just get enough of the right types of data and utilize the proper analytics/data science techniques. You will be responsible for overseeing the organization and collection of large datasets from all kinds of different sources, (web APIs, internal databases), performing exploratory data analyses, use statistical and econometric techniques on said datasets. You will design experiments to identify causal impact and attribution, and use ML algorithms and develop, implement and deploy different modeling projects as required by the agency clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Decision Science, Economics, Information Management Studies, Bio-statistics, Bio-informatics, or Psychology, Sociology with coursework in Statistics, Calculus, or Advanced Math;
- Recent Master’s Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math or related field preferred.
- Again, this is a great opportunity for recent master’s grad in Analytics/Stats/Data Science with a couple of years of advertising/marketing analytics experience OR a more experienced Data Analyst with 5-7 yrs of advertising/marketing analytics experience hoping to grow into a Data Scientist position.
- MUST HAVE at least 2 years of on-the-job experience in marketing/advertising analytics.
- 4+ years’ practical experience on data processing, database programming and data analytics using programming languages such as R, Python, Java, SAS, SQL, etc.
- Advanced skills in Excel functions: Pivots, advanced formulas/macros, multi-spreadsheet links.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis such as Time Series Data Analysis, Segmentation, univariate and multivariate statistical analysis, test design, growth calculations, metrics, forecasting, pattern recognition, and predictive modeling skills.
- Able to understand various data structures and implement common methods in data transformation.
- Guide and potentially manage more junior members of the team in performing extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps.
- Provide thought leadership in new marketing analytics methodologies, techniques, tools & technology
- Scope, price and staff analytic engagements.
- Oversee analysts/sr. analysts as they derive and write clearly articulated key findings and observations from analyzing various data sources.
- Manage various external vendors including online services firms, content management, advanced modeling, research firms, or other services firms such as media, social, PR, direct mail, telemarketing, events marketing firms.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and the evolving analytics landscape.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
Base Salary is $90,000 to $100,000
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401K Match, Summer Friday's, etc.