Focus: Building low latency, highly scalable decision engines.
COMPANY OVERVIEW / JOB DESCRIPTION:
Based in New York City, my client is one of the fastest growing global players in the digital advertising ecosystem. Very well-funded with over 250 employees, they are a leading provider of data products that monitor and protect against fraudulent activity in online advertising. They need a Senior Core Java Engineer help build their next generation real-time data processing platform.
- Architect, code, design and maintain components for high-volume, low-latency server applications
- Lead the entire software life-cycle including; development, testing ,code reviews, deployment
- Mentor more junior team members
- Individual contributor recognition
- 5+ years of recent hands-on Java experience in back-end development
- Strong knowledge of Java (multi-threading, collections, JVM, etc.)
- Great understanding of designing for, scalability and performance
- Scala & Akka experience
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Deep knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Experience working in agile development and continuous integration
- Exposure to messaging frameworks like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Very competitive Base Salary (BOE) + Bonus + Stock Options / Benefits.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me – [email protected] – your LinkedIn Profile URL or Resume. All inquires will be confidential of course. Note: if other industries are more appealing, then please note that and we’ll look at other oppts.