Locations: New York City
About the Company
Based in Midtown Manhattan, out Client is a major Data-as-a-Service company and recently raised over $70 million to hire top-tier talent and is rewriting the playbook for working with data—in the enterprise. Customers are excited by their ability to unify and provide a signal from a vast array of data at scale.
In short, they transform disparate, model-ready data into intelligence about people, places and companies that enriches the end client’s internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows in areas such as: Underwriting, Risk, Credit, Fraud, Money Laundering, Investing, Drug Safety & Development, Marketing, Sales and more.
About the Role
You will be a client facing Data Scientist and do a combination of things. You will work with end clients to determine their “data problem” and figure out how to solve it. You will also be involved in early-stage ideation and developing analysis and ML model based POCs. In doing so you will partner closely with the commercial and engineering teams to identify and tackle important analytical challenges for customers in the Fortune 500 and public sector.
- You have a Ph.D. degree in a STEM or quantitative field
- You are agile and enjoy working across an array of challenge problems that can be solved using the platform and your data science capabilities.
- You can develop and validate machine learning models that form a critical part of a large-scale application.
- The ability to clearly convey complex concepts in a simplified manner.
- Leverage advanced statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions that you effectively communicate with your stakeholders
- Engage with and communicate ideas to internal partners and company leaders.
- You are comfortable working with a “big data” frameworks such as Spark or PySpark
- You are fluent with programming languages (Python ideally)
$175-$250K base (no bonus) + Equity (stock options). Excellent Benefits
H1B Transfers / Sponsorship (post OPT) OK.