Temp Hold - COVID-19
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
Headquartered in New York City, our client is a billion-dollar advanced stage startup that offers a global discovery platform to consumers with various high demand services around health and well-being.
Our client is building out their Data Science team and seeking to hire a couple of experienced Data Scientists (Senior or Principal-Level ) to lead strategic development of key data solutions/applications using mostly 1st party data, some external data sets, data science and machine learning: (i.e. Recommender Engines for personalization across touch points, Statistical Models, NLP Engines, etc.).
- Build machine learning infrastructure and solutions that drive activity on the platform, scale the business, and enhance the customer experience
- Use your creativity and intuition to help find and solve the fun, challenging problems we work on every day.
- Influence the development of additional capabilities to deliver business outcomes using automated algorithms on the platform
- Participate heavily in executive team: help set business strategy, represent product data science, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Bring passion and collaboration mindset to the team
- Relevant PhD in quant field with 1+ years of experience in corporate environment as a hands-on Data Scientist [OR] Relevant 2-year Master’s program and 2+ years of experience as a hands-on Data scientist. (Ideal degrees: Mathematics, Statistics, ML, AI, Physics, Op Research, CS, etc.)
- Must have 1+ years’ experience applying ML methods to structured and unstructured data.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python or R
- Willingness to go against the grain and defend your ideas with data and science.
- Technical background in applied data science, spanning some or all of: statistics, experimentation, machine learning, causal inference methods, optimization techniques, data engineering and architecture (applied to large data), and behavioral analytics.
- Very competitive Base Salary, Performance Bonus + Equity (Options).
- 100% Healthcare Insurance Premiums covered. PTO starts immediately, and much more.
- H1B Transfer is OK (if 2+ yrs of eligibility remains).
To Apply: Please email Ted O'Brien --> [email protected]