[EXCLUSIVE SEARCH] - Financial Services (Investment Advisory Firm)
You will join a start-up environment with a fast-growing group of very smart people who are researching and productizing new types of investment research.
For this particular role, my client is seeking a Principal Data Scientist who is a pro at analyzing and modeling healthcare transaction data (i.e. Claims, EMR, etc. along with lots of other datasets) to develop data products and bespoke research that will ultimately help buy-side clients (investment managers) predict the market movements of publically traded Pharmaceutical and Medical Device companies.
Our client is Data Science R&D subsidiary of a 100+-year-old Global Financial Institution that provides investment management and advice, capital markets, and full brokerage services.
Location: New York, NY Headquarters is preferred although remote options from offices located in other major cities are potential options (i.e. SF, Boston, Chi, or DC).
- Conduct analysis and modeling of healthcare RWD sources to discover hidden patterns, forecast KPIs and identify key company/industry trends
- Assist in the building and launch of data products and the communication of data driven insights from research
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data
- Develop systems to detect data anomalies, and monitor the performance of models in production
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with the analysis & modeling of large (TB-size), patient-level healthcare RWD (claims, EMR, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability in drawing innovative, commercial insights related to product launches, market segmentation, and patient journeys
- Strong programming experience with Python, SQL and/or R required, with the ability to write well-documented production-level code
- Practical knowledge & experience with statistical techniques include panel and time series methodologies
- Detail-oriented with the ability to clearly & concisely communicate actionable conclusions from complex analysis, in both written and oral formats.
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, as well as data science tools like Snowflake and Spark
- Graduate degree in a highly quantitative field (statistics, computer science, finance, etc.)
- Interest in incorporating data and data analysis into the investment process; with prior finance & accounting coursework or job experience preferred
Target Compensation: ~$220K to $300K “all-in” (Base Salary + Performance Bonus) B.O.E. plus Excellent Benefits, etc.
To APPLY: Please email a resume to Ted O'Brien ([email protected])