Location: New York City (Remote to start)
We're looking for a Manager to head-up our machine learning team and help our client accomplish their mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient.
What you will do
In this role, you'll lead a team of data insight engineers that solves complex and exciting ML and NLP problems using data from millions of patients and hundreds of millions of documents to enable novel research on the impact of cancer treatments in the real world, to identify rare patient populations, and to improve the process for matching patients to clinical trials. Our data insight engineers are data scientists who have strong expertise in discovering, prototyping, and launching new data products.
In addition you'll also:
- Lead the team in exploring and unlocking new ML-enabled product opportunities
- Provide data science leadership in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space.
- Work with cross-functional leads to set team strategy and direction.
- Directly manage 2-4 data scientists and provide them with hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship
- Coach the engineers and data scientists on your team and guide them to tackle bigger and more complex problems
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, software engineers, statisticians, EHR data specialists, and oncologists
As a Manager, you'll have the opportunity to lead a growing machine learning team having a measurable impact in healthcare, get mentorship from senior technical and clinical leaders, and participate in the broader ML-healthcare community through external speaking and publication opportunities.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 6 years of working experience in an analytical and technical capacity with an advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred
- You have 2+ years of people management experience
- You have experience in and are excited to teach others to apply a broad spectrum of techniques from data science and machine learning to solve complex clinical or business problems
- You have led cross-functional initiatives and are passionate about communicating the value of your work to audiences from different scientific and business backgrounds
- You are comfortable working in production engineering systems
Why You Should Join This Team
Chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists, and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
- University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events, and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Fitness classes
Compensation: Up to $300K All-in
To Apply: Send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]