Location: Boston, MA
Note: The team we are helping to build out is hiring several data engineers at various levels of seniority. With rare exception, the min. experience is 3 years as a Data Engineer given the complexity of the platform being built. Email [email protected] to learn more.
Under the leadership of an industry veteran in “big data” engineering, you work within Data Engineering Group and along-side data scientists, product managers, and business-line stakeholders to design and build a custom Real-time Analytics and Reporting data platform that will help revolutionize the Insurance Industry. As a "Player / Coach" type Manager within the group you will help lead projects and manage data engineers.
You will need to quickly learn new cutting-edge big data technologies and solve complex data processing problems.
Our client is an award winning, major global financial services firm that has devoted incredible resources into creating an entrepreneur-style Data Science, Analytics and Data Engineering Division within the framework of a Fortune 500 company.
Major projects in the pipeline:
- Develop a new enterprise data platform with massive data processing and real-time analytics system
- Integrate, manage and analyze multi-terabytes of diverse financial data
- Building pipelines to scrub and integrate data into a presentation layer for customers and stakeholders.
- Work in tandem with skilled data scientists to analyze and develop predictive data products that improve the business
To be considered a fit for this role you will need the following:
- Background in Computer Science
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Algorithms / Machine Learning Models
- Data Structures / Data Sources / APIs
- Build Systems for Machine Learning Data Analysis
- Develop Robust Data Pipelines that Convert Data into Features (to train machine learning models)
- Functional Programing (Scala Ideally)
- 5 years+ related hands-on experience building large scale software and data systems
- 1 year+ of experience managing direct reports.
- Experience in building high performance large-scale database systems for near Real-time Analytics
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems
- Experience in Data Modeling and Database Design
- Agile (SDLC) Processes
- Python, Scala, Spark and Hadoop
Nice to Haves:
7 years of SE/DE Experience | AWS | NoSQL, RDBMS Experience | Financial Services / Insurance Domain Knowledge | Masters in Computer Science
$195K+ to Open (negotiable based on experience). Excellent Benefits.
*H1B Visa Transfers are OK, Relocation Assistance avail.
*At the present time we are not permitted to submit candidates physically outside of the United States.