REPORTS TO: Chief Data Scientist
LOCATION: New York or Boston Office
MANAGE: 3 Senior Data Scientists
KEY NOTES: Min Requirement: Relevant PhD+3 Years [OR] Masters + 5 Year Data Science Exp. || Visa Sponsorship Permitted!
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Our client an award winning, major global financial services company that has devoted incredible resources into creating an entrepreneur-style Data Science Division within the framework of a Fortune 500 company. This position will have a start-up feel with challenging problems utilizing decision analytics that will make a massive impact on the bottom line after the products are launched.
The Data Science Division is a highly respected resource that has proven to generate $10’s of millions in new revenue and cost savings. We are helping to add a Lead Data Scientist for the Investments Team in the New York and Boston office. A PhD is highly desired, but we are open to a wide range of candidates
BUSINESS PROBLEMS TO SOLVE USING DATA SCIENCE
- Investments Decision Automation
- Investment/Credit Risk
- Optimize Investor Advisory Process/Sales, etc.
DATA SCIENCE TECHNIQUES:
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning / Predictive Performance (Time Series)
- Linear Statistical and Predictive Modeling
- Experimental R&D | Data Visualization
- Lead a Team of 6-8 in a collaborative R&D environment to develop actionable solutions that impact the bottom-line of business lines.
- Manage 3 Senior Data Scientist Direct Reports
- Work with Stakeholders to spec out projects
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Work with SME’s to do experiments and studies on the data and prototype solutions
- Present finding to leadership, build, test, refine, launch, iterate
*PhD in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.) and 3+ Years in the field as a Data Scientist or Relevant Masters and 5 Years in the field post graduate degree.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce/Hadoop, Scala/Spark, Vertica, PySpark/AWS)
- $160K-$170K Base Salary (based on experience) + 30% Bonus + Excellent Benefits.
- H1B Transfers accepted (with 2+ years left over)
MUST BE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN USA to Apply.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.