Lead Data Scientist
Top marketplace for educator content for PreK to 12 education. More than a billion downloads. Called one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
About the Role:
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be working with data engineers, data analysts, and business teams including Product, Marketing, and Finance to find valuable insights about the education marketplace, their systems, and users. You’ll use advanced research techniques such as statistical modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and data visualization to explore data, test hypotheses, identify underlying causes and patterns, and find the best ways to turn these insights into better decisions and product improvements.
You’ll also be Technical Lead for the Data Science team, working with your manager to ensure the team’s projects and processes are focused, on track, and high quality and that partnerships with other teams are effective and coordinated.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong experience using statistical techniques to model and explain user behavior on web sites, including A/B testing.
- A track record of value-creation in previous organizations, using the technical and communications tools of data science.
- Advanced knowledge of R or Python for data science, including reproducible research processes, data exploration, manipulation and visualization, and statistical modeling.
- Comfortable performing research in a product and business-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to scale your impact through team leadership and technical project management.
- Statistical and mathematical depth equivalent to a Masters in Applied Statistics, either from a degree program or experience.
- At least five years of data science experience in the private sector
- Experience with Ed-Tech or online marketplaces
- Experience with search systems, recommender systems, or information retrieval.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as NLP, Bayesian methods, statistical model selection, econometric modeling, or optimization.
- Experience with interactive data visualization tools such as Shiny, Dash, or D3.
- Open Source or professional community contributions.
Compensation: ~$180K to $200K + Excellent Benefits