Lead Data Science Analyst - Leading US Health System
Focus: Value-based Health Care Delivery / Population Health Management
Locations: Midtown - NYC
Our client is a leading US Health System in transition to a population health management business model. It’s an exciting opportunity to be on the front lines changing how health care is delivered. As part of this overall effort, using analytical insights and data science, they establish bespoke clinical programs for large employers and that is the focus of this role.
Your work will be groundbreaking in a healthcare system that is entering an era of massive change. Are you up for it!?
IDEAL CANDIDATE: You will honestly need all of the following for this role: an advanced analytics toolkit, 5-10 years of experience in analytics for a health provider, health plan or care organization, and have excellent communication/soft skills. Analytics Consultants that focus on Health Providers are likely a good match.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
$150,000-$160,000 Base Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Generous PTO (25 Days)
403b versus 401k (better than Match) 5%+.
NOTE on Work Visas. Limited to H1B transfers if they have 2+ years of eligibility remaining.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) You will design and implement data-driven insights to drive our programs with employers and insurance companies. You will support the contract lifecycle from initial development and planning, through pre-sale and implementation, to reconciliation.
- During planning phase: analyze variance to identify opportunities and risks; develop pro-forma scenario models of contracts and terms; create reports to guide negotiations with prospects
- During implementation: forecast performance results and support client-specific areas of interest
- During reconciliation: measure performance of our products across financial, patient satisfaction, and quality outcomes. Apply performance evaluation that fulfills contract terms and, when appropriate, the demands of rigorous outcomes research methodology.
- Work with departmental staff to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools.
- Identify necessary data and methodologies; collect, integrate, analyze and interpret data.
- Leverage advanced statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions that you effectively communicate to your stakeholders.
- Identify and address expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions. Clearly communicate data issues to the recipients and work to improve data quality where possible within the analytical models you create.
- Develop and present analyses and findings to senior management and others as scheduled or requested.
(2) You will engage with the MSHP Managed Care Contracting and Commercialization teams and interface with key leaders in our care management and clinical service lines.
(3) Act as liaison/analyst for internal stakeholders, understand their needs and translate them into reporting and analytic solutions.
- Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative field of study is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of analytics development experience for a health provider, health plan or accountable care organization including either: experience working in a health plan or consulting actuarial, financial reporting or medical economics departments or experience working in healthcare provider analytics related to managed care contracting, population management, clinical or financial decision support
- Strong data mining skills using tools like SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations based on statistical inferences. Experience with a wide variety of analytical or statistical methods.
- Strong working knowledge of Business Intelligence products (Tableau, SAS, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Excellent oral and writing skills; ability to communicate effectively with varying audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate goals, plan and implement processes to achieve those goals, recognize and assess the implications of confounding variables, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal skills required to service internal and external clients effectively