Location: New York City
The Client is a leading investment management firm that helps clients achieve their long-term financial goals.
About the Role:
The Head of Data Science was established to provide digital solutions and leading analytical expertise on new and novel approaches to problems and methodologies to drive better investment and service to our clients. This person will lead a team that provides models and solutions to both our Investments and Client development channels.
- You will be a key player in helping to build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest.
- Searching for a Leader / Mentor to manage the Data Science team. You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for cloud architectures.
- You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
- The ideal candidate will possess statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- You will be expected to develop attribution, segment and predictive models to support various strategies. It is expected this will be accomplished through a pilot, test and learn delivery practice to support a wide range of services and projects.
- Equally important to possess strong technical skills, the ideal candidate will be a strong communicator able to communicate their findings, orally and visually. They need to understand how the products are developed and even more important, as big data touches the privacy of consumers, they need to have a set of ethical
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve the process.
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Directly and indirectly leads a team of Data Scientists in the development and implementation of solutions and applications across the firm
- Monitors and motivates team members work performance through coaching, one on ones, and development planning
- Access the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches and the capabilities of potential solutions.
- Oversee data-focused initiatives already in place and being developed, and drive developments in advancing big-data and analytic services.
Required Tech Skills:
- Previous experience providing coaching and mentoring to team members in order to deliver quality service and solutions to business customers
- A thorough understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques
- Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Fluency in the languages of data manipulation (e.g. SQL) and statistical analysis (e.g. R or Python/NumPy), with the ability to code (e.g. PHP) a plus, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL
- Understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Conceptual Modelling, Statistical Analysis & Predictive Modeling, Hypothesis testing
Required Domain Experience:
- Ability to successfully partner and communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively influence both with IT and business
- Experience within Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Experience within the B2B and B2C MarTech
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Masters or Ph.D. with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics)
Base Salary ~$250K + Bonus $150-250K+ / Flex for exceptional candidates
TO APPLY: send your resume to Ted O'Brien [email protected]