Temp Hold - COVID-19
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Our client is seeking to hire a Head of Data Analytics & Reporting for the company. The role will oversee about 20 people across both Business Analytics and Data Analytics providing critical insights across business units. This role will be a peer to the Head of Data Science within the data Insights and Initiative team. Ideally, our client would like to hire someone familiar with retail brokerage and wealth management business operations and product.
This is a management role (NOT an IC role), but you will have a deep understanding of data analytics and reporting having done yourself for many years. You will lead programs throughout the process and deliver high-quality data solutions to grow the company. You will build relationships and partner with leadership stakeholders to design and develop data-driven insights that inform decision-making. You will also build, nurture, and mentor an organization that is highly effective at delivering insights.
- Team Management - You manage an organization and move people to be successful.
- Executive presentations and influence - be comfortable with all audiences
- Technical skills--be an expert in this field
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Technical expertise: you will have hands-on experience in developing analytics & reporting solutions, from discovery and requirements to development and production. You have experience with modern tools, rapid prototyping, and deployment of data solutions within an enterprise
- Great communication skills: You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Your team understands their priorities and you successfully engage your cross-functional stakeholder network and leadership team, clearly highlighting your approach, ideas, and progress
- Innovation focus. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models. You are well versed in model risk and governance. You know how to decide which new technologies are truly disruptive and worth pursuing vs those that are just incrementally better
- Business outcome focus. You can analyze customer needs, engage in problem-solving and develop data products that the business can seamlessly deploy.
- Leadership. You challenge conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and you work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo
- Master’s Degree or MBA in analytical, quantitative or STEM field
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing, and mentoring teams
- Expert level experience in data manipulation using SQL and other scripting languages development
- Experience building and creating dashboards for business consumption, including synthesizing data in graphical format
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (statistics, ML, etc.) and analytical programs/tools (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to manage relationships with executive level stakeholders
- Experience in Finance or Financial Analysis
- Experience with analytics projects, including modeling, tuning and productionizing solutions
- Experience in designing and delivering data warehousing, business intelligence, and reporting solutions
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platform
- Competitive for Executive level in New York City
- Good work/life balance
- Excellent Benefits
TO APPLY: Email your resume to [email protected]