- RETAINED SEARCH -
Title: Director, Research & Insights (Product Marketing)
Reports To: Senior Director, Product Marketing
Location: New York City
ABOUT THE CLIENT: Opportunity to join a fast grown start-up fresh off of a large Series-B round of funding. With a multi-billion-dollar market, almost no direct competition, proprietary technology, they are well-positioned in the location intelligence space. Current sales channels partnerships include different verticals spanning from ad-tech and mar-tech to out of home, finance, retail, transportation, real estate with an omni-channel footprint.
ABOUT THE ROLE / IDEAL FIT:
Seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Director of Research and Insights to blend primary research and 1st party platform data to provide our client with the actionable insight-driven strategies for more data-driven marketing & positioning.
The ideal candidate will currently be a Senior or Director-Level Research and Insights professional supporting Product Marketing, Branding, and Sales for a company that deals with Digital Media, Audience Segmentation, Targeting, Attribution, Location Intelligence, Analytics, Mar-tech, Ad-tech, etc.
- Oversee and evolve their primary research initiatives. Design and analyze new quantitative and qualitative research, including consumer surveys, focus groups, and in-depth industry interviews
- Manage relationships with research and technology vendors and seek out new partnerships that enhance the Marketing team’s value to the company and core capabilities.
- Communicate and present information to provide strategic support to SVP of Marketing, Sr. Director of Product Marketing and Sr. Director of Brand Marketing, including recommendations on positioning and consumer trends
- Collaborate with brand marketing to design and deliver forward-thinking, market-relevant studies/white papers that support Their thought-leadership position
- Collaborate with product marketing and brand marketing to produce content to educate our audience around location data and our methodology
- Collaborate with brand marketing to produce research studies leveraging Cuebiq data to showcase our ability to provide offline trends
- Develop consumer and market insights for verticals (Retail, Automotive, QSR, Travel, Finance) in line with the business objectives and the long-term roadmap for more actionable results.
- Collaborate with product marketing and brand marketing to support thought leadership and education efforts
- Support Product Marketing, Sales and Business Development teams to help develop and present research and insights that advance the goals of our clients and to identify market relevant new & actionable KPIs
- Attend client meetings when the audience includes insights/research teams interested in a deeper understanding of our statistical methodologies
- Participate to trade org committees work
- Speak at industry events & webinars
- Measure the ROI of our research investment
- Research and insights leader with 8+ years of relevant business experience at an agency, brand, or media/tech company with direct experience translating data into business-driving insights, trends and learnings
- The ability to synthesize research and data into a clear narrative that resonates with brand marketers
- Experience creating and managing primary research projects internally to drive thought leadership and externally for clients
- Entrepreneurial, creatively inquisitive and passionate about data and research
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion while exhibiting a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment demonstrating flexibility and the ability to excel in pressure situations
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related Master’s degree a plus
~$150,000 Base Salary + 15% Bonus+ Equity and Excellent Benefits