Location: New York City or Nashville, TN Area
As a Data Scientist Leader, you’ll be part of a team that’s driving disruption across clients. You’ll use the latest techniques in information retrieval and evaluation to build sophisticated models & data products to power business decision making. Company is doing well, growing significantly and is well-funded (Raised over $100MM)
- Lead a team of ~6 people (distributed)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python with numpy, scikit-learn, pandas
- Make sense of unstructured data for end clients - AI/ML/NLP
- Build data science-driven solutions in Financial Services (compliance, risk), Medical (oncology, cancer), Law Enforcement (human trafficking)
- Building models, Project Management, Client Building, Coaching Clients and Junior Data Scientists
- Partner with data engineers to validate & deploy solutions in an efficient, sustainable & usable manner.
- Develop rich insights and data visualizations to communicate ideas to customers or company leaders
- Ph.D. plus 4 years of experience in data analytics, OR Master’s Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 3 years’ experience developing & implementing commercial data science solutions leveraging one or more of the following: operations research, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, or Bayesian methods.
- Knowledge of Neural network architectures (FC, CNN, RNN, LSTM)
- You are current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models. You obsess over model risk and governance. Fundamentally, you disrupt & deliver a better way.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, SQL, PySpark / Hadoop.
- You understand modern cloud computing.
- NLP & Deep Learning frameworks exp a big plus
- Know how to build predictive models (including machine learning) in a well-governed manner.
- Know how to build, motivate & mentor a team of data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
- Can communicate complex ideas clearly.
- 80% interaction with clients and internal stakeholders
- 10% team management
- 10% data science & model building
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary + Equity and Benefits.
US Work Visa – H1B Transfer OK IF you have 2+ yrs of eligibility remaining.