REPORTS TO: Director of Data Science (Product Lead)
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Headquartered in NYC, our client is a PROFITABLE, multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in AdTech. Utilizing access to billions of low latency transactions daily, every product the company develops is data science driven.
- Help build Natural Language Processing (NLP) models to classify and determine/rank if 100's of millions of YouTube videos and web publisher content is appropriate to serve ads next to or within it.
- Utilize Machine Learning algorithms to improve the models and discover new one's.
- Seeking someone who can get their models to nearly 70%+ of the way to production.
- Prioritizing the ability to build effective models into production over perfection.
- Computer Vision is Plus - Building computer vision models to the same thing for image based content is also in the pipeline.
- Relevant PhD (1+ Yr Exp at Data Scientist) or Relevant Masters Degree (+2 yrs Exp as Data Scientist)
- 2 years of hands-on experience building NLP and Predictive models. Computer Vision is Plus - not required
- Track record of using advanced statistical methods, machine learning, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Good knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (i.e. PySpark or Scala /Spark or Hadoop/MapReduce, Hive, HBase, etc.)
To ~$160K Cash Comp (Based on Experience) + Stock Options / Full Benefits.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> [email protected] – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.