You will join a start-up environment with a fast-growing group of very smart people who are researching and productizing new types of investment research using alternative data and data science techniques.
For this particular role, my client is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who is has some experience analyzing and modeling healthcare transaction data (i.e. Claims, EMR, etc. along with lots of other datasets) to develop data products and bespoke research that will ultimately help buy-side clients (investment managers) predict the market movements of publically traded Pharmaceutical and Medical Device companies.
Our client is the Data Science R&D subsidiary of a 100+-year-old, publicly traded, Global Financial Institution that provides investment management and advice, capital markets, and full brokerage services.
Location: New York, NY Headquarters is preferred although remote options from offices located in other major cities are potential options (i.e. SF, Boston, Chi, or DC).
- Conduct analysis and modeling of healthcare RWD sources to discover hidden patterns, forecast KPIs and identify key company/industry trends
- Assist in the building and launch of data products and the communication of data-driven insights from research
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data
- Develop systems to detect data anomalies, and monitor the performance of models in production
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience with the analysis & modeling of large (TB-size), patient-level healthcare RWD (claims, EMR, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability in drawing innovative, commercial insights related to product launches, market segmentation, and patient journeys
- Strong programming experience with Python, SQL and/or R required, with the ability to write well-documented production-level code
- Practical knowledge & experience with statistical techniques include panel and time series methodologies
- Detail-oriented with the ability to clearly & concisely communicate actionable conclusions from complex analysis, in both written and oral formats.
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, as well as data science tools like Snowflake and Spark
- Graduate degree in a highly quantitative field (statistics, computer science, finance, etc.)
- Interest in incorporating data and data analysis into the investment process; with prior finance & accounting coursework or job experience preferred
Target Compensation: ~$150K to $210K “all-in” (Base Salary + Performance Bonus) B.O.E. plus Excellent Benefits, etc.
To APPLY: Please email a resume to Ted O'Brien ([email protected])