Location: New York City
A "Think Tank" type of environment. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to create a new solution to a financial services problem that so far has no good solution. It’s opportunity to show what you can do and move up quickly with success.
Founded in 2015, our client is a fast-growing, fully funded data and analytics company in New York City. They would describe their vision as on par with the highly successful “Palantir”. They have over 30 employees from top Financial Services firms like Citibank, Credit Suisse, SoFi, Bank of America, etc.
They currently create a range of data-driven solutions for top 10 banks and Lenders throughout the country. They include Risk Engines, Underwriting, Marketing, Lead Gen and more.
The Senior / Principal Data scientist will develop advanced machine-learning models. Yet it is not about tuning a model for slightly better performance; rather they target problems with no state-of-the-art solution and no guarantee that a solution exists.
The business aspect is just as important as data science. Expect messy proprietary datasets with little or no documentation, arcane compliance requirements, and calculated risk-taking when you only have 1-2 chances for your model to perform well, or else it risks being discarded.
- Help develop and optimize new models using multiple data sources of varying quality.
- Manage and monitor existing models.
- Assist with infrastructure improvements, if you are interested in this direction.
- Conduct and interpret experiments, conduct R&D. You can typically choose the direction, and it can be as Math and CS-heavy as you like.
- Academic or industry examples of previously built machine learning models are a must. Kaggle competitions and personal projects also qualify.
- Solid software programming fundamentals. You would be able to get an entry-level software position at a top tech firm.
- Strong Knowledge of Python. You can write production-level code in Python
- Hand-on experience with unclean, semi-structured or unstructured data sets.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Experience using Git, pandas/numpy/scipy/scikit-learn/Jupyter, bash.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of Linux, AWS or another cloud, Spark, Hadoop, H2O, Airflow or Luigi.
- Desire to learn more about business and finance.
- Masters in a highly quantitative field is expected, but we are happy to consider exceptions.
Max $200K cash with potential equity options after 1 year. Comp based on experience + skill.
- Some work from home allowed if you can deliver results.
- Periodic travel if this is something you are interested in.
- “Almost” zero bureaucracy.
- Opportunity to learn and grow and get on a specific career track via mentoring.
- Medical insurance: United HealthCare Standard with no annual deductible (100% employer-paid) for individual employee and family.
- Dental: MetLife Enhanced (100% employer paid) — annual deductible of $50 (individual) & $150 (family).
- 401 (K): 3% employer match.
- Group Term Life Insurance (up to 2x annual salary).
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance.
To APPLY: send a resume to [email protected]