Our client is a major retail online brokerage and wealth management platform.
Seeking to hire a Head of Data Science. You will manage a team of data scientists building sophisticated models & data products to power business decision making.
In this role, you will be partnering with company-wide teams and be responsible for
- Leading a team of data scientists and defining the project backlog and prioritization
- Exploring and evaluating data vendors, tools and techniques relevant to the company
- Build relationships across the business partners to identify needs and develop data-driven solutions
- Engage with and communicate ideas to internal partners and company leaders
- Build, motivate & mentor a team of data scientists and support their professional development
- Engage with the external data science community to identify opportunities to attract talent and leverage new techniques
- Leveraging extensive, deep technical knowledge and team leadership skills to drive the development of data science solutions and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Technical expertise: you will have hands-on experience in developing data science solutions, from discovery and concept to development and production. You have experience with modern cloud computing, rapid prototyping, and deployment of data science solutions within an enterprise and know R/Python/SAS
- Great communication skills: You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Your team understands their priorities and you successfully engage your cross-functional stakeholder network and leadership team, clearly highlighting your approach, ideas, and progress
- Innovation focus. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models. You are well versed in model risk and governance.
- Business outcome focus. You can analyze customer needs, engage in problem-solving and develop data products that the business can seamlessly deploy.
- Leadership. You challenge conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and you work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 years of experience in data science, or Master’s Degree plus 6 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 4 years of experience in data science
- At least 3 years’ coding experience with open source programming languages such as R, Python, and experience with large scale data analysis and modeling
- At least 3 years’ experience developing business data science solutions leveraging one or more of the following: operations research, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, video/image analysis, or time-series analysis.
- Relavant Master’s Degree or Ph.D.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platform
- At least 5 years’ experience developing commercial solutions in Python, SAS, or R
- At least 5 years’ experience developing commercial data science solutions leveraging one or more of the following: operations research, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, video/image analysis, or time-series analysis.
- At least 3 years of experience mentoring junior data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight
Compensation: ~$250K to $500K (base on experience).