Location: Remote to start, but eventually New York City office.
Sponsorship: Not Available.
About Our Client:
This role is within the Data Science unit of a well-known publicly-traded investment management company.
Basics of the Role:
You will help to build out the platform and tools for the Data Science team. The core if the data science team's mission is the advancement of new kinds of A.I.-driven investment research products for the Healthcare sector, as well as, ad-hoc research for use cases, KPI Analysis, and Trends Forecasting. The products will help investment managers better predict the performance of publically trading companies in the Pharma, Biotech, Life Science, and Medical Device sub-sectors.
- Design scalable data pipelines to ingest, integrate, and analyze large transaction-level data
- Collaborate with members of the data science and product teams on data analysis projects and research activities
- Develop QA/QC suites to process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data, including data anomaly detection
- Develop CI/CD processes for the Engineering and Data Science groups
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- MUST HAVES: 2-3 years of Python, SQL, Linux, and AWS (S3, EC2)
- Bonus Skills: Terraform, Docker, Luigi, Jenkin, Chef, PySpark.
- Knowledge of database design to support both OLAP and OLTP
- Dimensional Modeling Experience
Compensation: $130K Base + 30% Bonus (Target ~$160-170K "All in")