Located in Boston, MA.
The Data Analyst is charged with supporting the enterprise through automated reporting, real-time analytics, and ad-hoc analysis with the ultimate goal of improving Operations and the Customer Experience.
You will work collaboratively with our data science and data engineering groups to execute on an enterprise analytics strategy aimed at providing fast, real-time insights on the company's customers, digital assets, and data science-enabled operational capabilities.
This service is performed using programming skills such as SQL, R and Python along with a mix of new open sources "big data" frameworks (i.e. Hadoop/MapReduce), as well as some traditional BI tools.
Will include: Operations Analysis, Sales Analysis, Transaction Analysis, and some Web Analytics. Will require experience with ETL/SQL, statistical analysis, and visualization.
In this role, an analyst will work collaboratively with our data science and data engineering groups to execute on an enterprise analytics strategy aimed at providing fast, real-time insights on the company's customers, digital assets, and data science-enabled operational capabilities.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Gather, manipulate and mine data
- Conduct analysis and reporting to generate insights into business problems.
- Write transformations to transform raw data into information which will enable data driven business decisions.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and reporting.
- Determine data requirements and performance metrics to support analysis.
- Participate in determination of stakeholder needs and ensure business value is realized.
- Possess ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain a working knowledge of data analysis and reporting best practices
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in a data analyst role.
- High proficiency writing SQL required.
- Proficiency in with statistical programming languages strongly preferred (e.g R, Python)
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes desired.
- Basic knowledge of big data platforms (Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.) preferred.
- Strong communication skills
BS Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or Statistics; Master’s degree considered a plus.
Compensation / Benefits
- Base Salary ~$120K + Bonus
- Excellent Benefits
- *H1B Visa Transfers or OPT is OK
- *Relocation Support
*At the present time we will not be taking applications from candidates living outside of North America or do not currently hold a work visa.