Location: New York City / SF
Reports to: CEO or General Counsel
Our Client is fresh off of a successful Series B round of funding and is in hyper growth mode. They're location-based intelligence platform offers data, analytics and insights into consumers’ offline behavior and purchase intent, by tracking and analyzing with unmatched precision and accuracy time spent by mobile users at points of interest. All of it GDPR compliant and data privacy is a cornerstone of everything they do.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Chief Privacy Officer to lead all aspects of privacy for the firm. We need someone skilled in privacy technology, and competent enough in all relevant privacy laws and regulations to confidently advise the C-suite. Given the company is positioning itself as a trusted privacy leader and they need to develop product features in this direction.
The ideal candidate is a true expert in privacy technology and can advise the Heads of Product, Engineering, Information Security, Ops and CEO how to optimize performance while remaining compliant. Not seeking a lawyer for this role.
- Develop and execute overall global privacy strategy and serve as the key privacy resource for the Company.
- Design and establish a global privacy management program, including processes for the completion of personal information inventories, privacy impact assessments, and updating privacy policies and procedures. Ensure ongoing monitoring, auditing, reporting and evaluation of the privacy management program.
- Provide feedback on the product, on the users flow etc. as it pertains to privacy compliance/regulations.
- Develop and implement vendor management program to ensure appropriate vetting and auditing of vendors for compliance with Company-wide privacy requirements.
- Coordinate with general counsel and all key business stakeholders to ensure existing and new products, services and processes comply with applicable privacy requirements.
- Develop global privacy training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding and awareness of privacy issues and conduct initial and on-going global privacy training.
- Maintain knowledge of and monitor developments in global privacy requirements and best practices.
- Manage privacy complaints, breaches and investigations by privacy regulatory authorities.
- Work with government affairs to develop relationships with regulators and government officials responsible for privacy and data security matters, as well as relevant consumer organizations.
- Ensure all processing and/or databases are registered with the local privacy/data protection authorities where required.
- Review all system-related information security plans to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
- Serve as the Company’s spokesperson for media and other external inquiries about privacy-related matters.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a role focused on data privacy and compliance.
- Be a true expert in privacy technology
- Deep understanding of U.S. and International privacy laws, regulations and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on building, leading and maintaining privacy programs is required. Proven track record of policy and process development, implementation and management.
- Experience and skill at writing policies and guidance documents supporting various business activities and conducting investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, prioritize multiple urgent tasks, and deliver results.
- Strong knowledge and interest in emerging technologies and a strong understanding of information systems and related security requirements.
- Team oriented and able to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence others without direct line reporting authority.
- Comfortable representing the organization for all privacy related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (No JD required)
$175K-$200K base (B.O.E) + Bonus / Equity and Excellent Benefits