|Job Title: Data Engineer /Analytst – AdTech Firm / Cross-Device DMP (NYC)||Job Code: 10009-P1TO|
|Department: Product / Engineering||Recruiter: Ted O’Brien|
|Location: New York City||Hiring Target Date: Immediate|
How do you move multiple TB of data per hour and optimally compress and serialize it? How do you ensure we are resilient to data loss in case of failure? My client is looking for outstanding engineers who love solving interesting challenges related to data at scale to help us answer questions like these. This role will collaborate with teams across the company, understand the business implications of our data and help ensure its correctness and query accessibility across a variety of key/value, RDBMS, Columnar and big data stores. This role will be intimately involved in reporting and analysis and identifying opportunities to improve our business.
- Design and develop high-throughput, low-latency data processing pipelines to quickly ingest and make data available on the platform across various distributed data stores
- Analyze large datasets to identify opportunities to tune and improve the system
- Experiment with various Hadoop languages and frameworks like Hive, Pig and Scalding to identify the optimal approach for extracting valuable insights from massive datasets
- 3+ years of experience ingesting, processing, storing and querying large datasets
- Professional Hadoop ecosystem experience including storage optimization and job performance tuning
- Expertise in Pig, Java, Python or similar language(s). Functional programming experience or interest desired
- Passion for code correctness and intuition about which values in data are to be expected in a business context
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
Compensation: Base Salary Range: $115-150K+ Bonus + Stock Options
Recruiter: Ted O’Brien * [email protected]* (917) 609-5699
To Apply: Please submit a resume and email message about why you feel you’re a good fit for this position. Brevity is appreciated. You will be contacted within 48hrs. *Include the “Job Title” above in the subject line! Thank you!